Substitute Teacher (Montessori, Lower School, Middle School, High School)
Position Status: Part-Time
Reports to: Principal(s)
Nardin Academy asks all in our community to “Inspire hearts and minds to do amazing things for the world through faith, character, academic excellence, and service.” In the absence of the classroom teacher, the substitute is responsible for providing instruction, managing the classroom environment, and promoting student learning. Substitute teachers must implement teacher lesson plans, assign student class work and homework, and maintain classroom control and discipline.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to comply with written and or oral instructions
- Ability to create an efficient working relationship with other personnel
- Proficiency in maintaining efficient classroom management skills
- Close and personal relationship with pupils on a daily basis
- Full capability to give instructions while the regular teacher is absent.
- Supports the mission and goals of Nardin Academy
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow the lesson plans provided by the absent teacher.
- Interact in a professional manner with students and parents.
- Encourage, monitor, and promote student progress.
- Maintain student confidentiality.
- Assume the responsibility for overseeing pupil behavior in the classroom, during lunch, activity periods, and out-of-class settings.
- Provide a brief report in writing on the day’s activities at the conclusion of each day for the teacher.
- Work cooperatively with all school personnel.
- Follow all policies, rules, and procedures to which teachers are subject and which good teaching practice dictates.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field from an accredited institution
- NY State or comparable certification in teaching in appropriate subject area
- Previous teaching experience in a professional setting preferred.
To apply, please submit the following materials as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover letter expressing your interest and qualifications
- Current resume with appropriate dates
- Minimum of 3 references with names, current addresses, and telephone numbers