Welcome to the admissions process at Nardin Academy High School!
Applying to a new school can be overwhelming. The admissions team at Nardin is here to help make the application process as easy as possible. Use the following timeline to help guide you.
Applications must be filled out through Catholic High Schools of Western New York.
Campus VisitAt Nardin Academy High School, exceptional experiences extend beyond the walls of the classroom. We encourage you to discover our community by experiencing Nardin in person. Visiting Nardin allows you to connect with current students, who together represent towns and cities from 27 different districts across the Western New York and Southern Ontario community, meet with our outstanding faculty and staff, and experience our community firsthand.
- Open House: Sunday, September 30, 10am - 1pm & Monday, October 1, 5 - 7pm
- Shadow Days: Throughout the fall, we welcome any 8th grade girl to our campus to shadow a current student. You will observe classes, eat in the dining hall, and connect with the students who call Nardin home.
- Personal Tour
Entrance Exam Prep
While we look at much more than test scores when selecting our future Nardin girls, standardized tests help us learn more about each girl’s academic background. In preparation for the Diocese of Buffalo Catholic High School Entrance Exam, Nardin offers several opportunities to help each student achieve her potential on the exam.Nardin will also offer an Entrance Exam Review Course for 8th grade students on four consecutive Saturdays in Fall 2018 leading up to the Entrance Exam.
Entrance Exam Review Course Dates:
Saturday, October 20, 9 - 11:30am
Saturday, October 27, 9 - 11:30am
Saturday, November 3, 9 - 11:30am
Saturday, November 10, 9 - 11:30am
Starting Your Application File
The curriculum at Nardin is focused on your success, and your transcripts provide us with greater insight on your future as a Nardin student. The transcripts should come from your current school and contain a minimum of two complete years (6th and 7th grade) as well as the first quarter of your courses of the current academic year (8th grade). Please print your application, sign, and submit to your current school's office so that they can mail the transcripts to Nardin.
Letter of Recommendation
Nardin requires one letter of recommendation, either academic or from a non-academic person in your life such as a coach, dance teacher, music instructor, troop leader, or from community leaders where you perform service. We look forward to learning about your character, sportsmanship, leadership, work ethic, compassion, and any other traits that help us learn more about who you are.
Please mail Letters of Recommendation to:
Nardin Academy Admissions Office
135 Cleveland Avenue
Buffalo, New York 14222
Financial Aid Application
For additional information on Scholarships and Financial Aid and a link to begin your financial aid application online click here. All paperwork for financial aid must be submitted by Friday, December 7.
Class of 2023 Scholarships
Reflecting our commitment to maximizing student potential, Nardin Academy offers six 1-year scholarships to celebrate student talent and passion. Click for more information and for application forms.
- Art Scholarship: $500
- Band Scholarship: $500
- Leadership Scholarship: $500
- Orchestra Scholarship: $500
- Service Scholarship: $500
- Vocal Performance Scholarship: $500
Entrance and Scholarship Exam
The exam will be held Saturday, November 17 at 8:30am and there is a $20 fee.
Financial Aid Application Deadline
All paperwork for financial aid application must be submitted by Friday, December 7.
File Completion Deadline
Transcripts, Letter of Recommendation, and Class of 2023 Scholarship applications are due to the Admissions Office by Friday, December 14.
Decision Letters from the Catholic High Schools will be mailed January 24, 2019.
Decisions are made on a rolling admission basis. As a completed application is submitted, it will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee and a decision rendered within two weeks. Late applicants are encouraged to call the Admissions Office directly to check on the availability of spaces and financial aid for entrance in the fall.
For more information contact Danielle Dodman, Director of Admissions, at (716) 881-6262 x1030 or email@example.com.
Calling all 7th grade girls! It is not too early to start thinking about your high school journey! The 7th Grade Practice Entrance Exam is an early indicator of how a student will perform on the exam.
Practice Exam will be held on Saturday, March 30 and Saturday, June 22, 2019 from 9am - 12pm.
Experience Nardin Summer Camp will be held July 8 - July 19, 2019.
Time: 8:30am - 3:30pm; Monday - Thursday with optional Fun Friday
For girls entering 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th grades
- Art: Explore your artistic side in Nardin's beautiful and spacious art studios!
- Creative Writing: Develop the art of storytelling and find your voice.
- Theatre: Refine your skills as an actress through fun improv games, learning audition techniques and more!
- Real Life Math/Science/Technology: Expan
d your culinary skills and discover how math and science relate to baking and cooking.
- Photography: Explore the Elmwood Village and discover the magic of film photography and darkroom printing.
Optional Fun Fridays include trips off-campus to build camaraderie and make new friends. Past Fun Fridays include trips to Darien Lake and Cave of the Winds in Niagara Falls State Park.
Camp Cost: $450 (one-week options available on registration page; there will be an additional cost for optional Fun Fridays)
Nardin has changed me into the person I have always looked up to. Someone who is open to ideas, willing to help in any way, and looks to brighten others' days.
Lola, Class of 2019
- Nardin offers scholarships based on the Catholic High School Entrance Exam scores ranging from $4,000 - $10,800 over four years.
- Nardin Academy offers six $500, 1-year scholarships to celebrate student talent and passion.
- There is an opportunity for an Alumnae Scholarship of $1,500 per year for a student with an alumnae mother, grandmother or aunt.
- The Diocese of Buffalo Catholic High School Entrance Exam for students entering in the Fall of 2019 will be held on Saturday, November 17, 2018.