Why Nardin Elementary?
Founded in 1857, Nardin Academy is the oldest independent, Catholic school in Buffalo. Known for academic excellence, Nardin Academy maximizes student potential with dynamic K – 8 classrooms that appeal to different learning styles and go beyond the regular curriculum.
Outside the limitations of New York State standardized tests, teachers have the flexibility to execute creative lessons and present material in ways which students find interesting, engaging and fun. Students in our Kindergarten – Grade 8 program experience an enhanced schedule featuring extended periods that cascade throughout a 6-day rotation to appeal to different learning styles. A DaVinci period, set aside for project-based learning, allows students to investigate and respond to real world problems, questions or challenges.
With local area high schools reporting that Nardin elementary students are among the most prepared for success, Nardin students have a seamless transition to their first choice high school, continuing on to do amazing things for the world.
- Nardin offers two world language classes starting in Kindergarten
- Over 65% of Nardin Elementary students play 1 or more sports
- 16 public school districts offer transportation to Nardin
- Beginning in Kindergarten, Nardin music classes learn to play keyboard using the Yamaha Music in Education (MIE) program
- Annual arts performances include: Broadway Play, Christmas Show, and Performing Arts Night
- 100% of 8th grade class accepted by 1st choice high school